This was a random successful experiment that somehow worked out.
- 2 eggplant (cut into thick slices, salted, and placed between paper towels for at least an hour)
- 2 zucchini
- 1 package orzo
- 1 cup or more canned artichokes
- Handful of Costco meatballs (or other frozen meatballs of your choice)
- 1+ jar of tomato sauce (I like White Linen brand)
- Mozzarella and parmesan to taste
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut up the zucchini into slices and eggplant into cubes, toss with olive oil, and spread out on a pan. Salt or garlic powder can be sprinkled on as well, at this point if desired. Bake for half an hour or until well-roasted. Set oven to 350.
- Cook pasta according to package directions (al dente) and drain.
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium heat and add oil, then meatballs and artichokes until everything is warmed. Add pasta sauce and pasta and stir, then turn off the heat and add the zucchini and eggplant and a handful of mozzarella/parmesan. Stir until well-combined.
- Put cheese on top to taste and cover. Cook for 20 minutes, remove the lid, and cook for another 15 or 20 minutes. Remove, allow to cool, and serve.